Tuesday, December 6, 2011

First jobs first

My first and only job that I am still currently working at is lifeguarding and a water safty instructor. I have been working as a lifeguard for about 7 or 8 years now, I started when I was very young and I wasn't all that excited for it. I had been forced into a Jr lifeguarding course at about age 12 by my mother, she told me that this would be a great skill for me to have sense I was a swimmer anyways. After I finished the course the job grew on me after a while and I decided to continue with it. Now I am one of the longest working employees since that time. The job isn't that difficult after you finish all of your training, your main duties consist of being caucious and curtious to the patrons, cleaning and maintanece of the pool, and the abilitiy to act accordingly when an emergencey arises. The perks I would have to say is the free, unlimited acssess to the pools recouses and being able to use the pool at will anytime I please to use it. Some of the downsides include having to clean up after messy patrons or bodily fluids of any sort, but the benefit of knowing that I am helping someone or saving someone's life out weighs that fact in any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment